You Are Reading

5

An Apologetic Apple

literati_rain66 Wednesday, April 25, 2012
I do declare. I owe you all an apology. Despite my excuses and promises to do better at blogging, I have failed you. As it turns out, I really have a lot on my plate. That, and I have no chair at my computer. And it's not all that much fun to spend an hour on my feet typing away. It's just the truth of it. I've not been all that inspired to blog lately, my energy is just sapped.

Life has gotten very busy and chaotic and stressful these past few months. We are living in a tiny apartment with no furniture to speak of, and my only "office" area is a corner of the counter in the kitchen, where my computer sits. It's really not conducive to well written reviews. Or anything really. It's only temporary, while my husband goes to school to change his job in the Coast Guard. We'll only be here a few more weeks, then we'll be moving to Clearwater, Florida.

And therein lies a lot of my current stress. We are not only moving, we are buying a house. (picture me PANICKING) Not only are we buying a flipping house, we are buying a flipping house without ever seeing it! Egads. We are insane. I mean, who does that?? We do, apparently. A lot of my time lately has been spent doing paperwork and errands and panicking. My poor husband has been going bonkers trying to balance kids and school and sleep and all the details of buying a house, not to mention the incredible amount of time he's spent on the phone lately. Our lender and realtor are very nice and helpful and they deserve an award for their prompt return calls.


Add to that, my kids. The Goob is four and his imagination has gone wild. And The Bean is so very, very two. He never stops moving, never stops getting into trouble. It's all I can do just to make sure I feed everyone most days. I have to do a bedtime limb count to make sure nobody lost anything during the course of our day. If tummies are full and all limbs are accounted for, I consider it a good day. Anything else -baths, brushed teeth, using the bathroom by myself... it's all just a perk if it happens.


I also just finished up school. I spent the last year doing a certificate program to help me on my way to being a pharmacy technician. I just finished everything up a week or so ago. Hallelujah! Next up is taking the PTCB, a national exam to get me my certification. I won't be doing that until after we've moved and are somewhat settled though.

All that said- It's been pretty busy. This hectic limbo-period won't last forever though, and I do hope to get back into blogging for real. I miss it. I miss YOU. I want to blog about books and be all awesome-nerdy with you guys. I really do! I'm hoping to be closer to some good book events in Florida so I can bring you exciting news and giveaways.

Until then, all I have to offer is sporadic reviews, my one big giveaway that is still going on (despite my lack of participation, expect a post about that soon), and maybe some more personal updates.

I hope you are all doing well, and I look forward to getting back in to blogging soon! :)

-Literati




5 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow...o.o...rest Shannon! Breathe! Take as long as a break as you need dear we will all be hear ready to welcome you back ^_^.

Karen said...

Goodness! I didn't know all that was going on! You're amazing to balance things the way you do! *hugs*

literati_rain66 said...

*huggles both of you* I kept telling myself I could keep up with the blogging... but it just didn't happen. Heh. I've been reading, but no reviews lately. Love you both and thanks for the encouragement. :) Can't wait for things to calm down!

M.A.D. said...

Clearwater is awesome, I grew up in NSB which is just a few miles further north up the coast - dad worked at the *Cape* years ago :)

Anyhoo, oodles of sympathy & hugs! It looks like you've got your sense of humor still in tact, which is the important thing [especially when you've got small children, been there done that lol]

literati_rain66 said...

I'm glad you think it's awesome. It's always a little nerve-wracking to be stationed somewhere new. Exciting, for sure. I love exploring new places! But you never know what it's going to be like, if it's going to be totally cruddy or totally awesome. :)

*hugs back* A sense of humor is a MUST with small children. If you can't laugh when your child pulls a tissue out of the box, blows his very snotty nose on it and then stuffs it back into the box... what can you do? ;-)

Post a Comment