You Are Reading

2

Really Ravishing Review (Blood Bound)

literati_rain66 Saturday, September 25, 2010 , ,
Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, Book 2)


Review of Blood Bound, by Patricia Briggs.



Quickie: Exactly what I was looking for- suspense, kick-butt heroine, and the perfect dose of the paranormal.

Full: Blood Bound was a lovely second book in the Mercy Thompson series. Truthfully, I sort of think that I'd be something like Mercy if I'd chosen not to get married. (And you know, if I was a shape-shifting coyote) She's gutsy and strong, and she stands up for herself and what she believes in. I love that.

In Blood Bound, we get to see a bit more of the possible and budding love interests. That was nice, because I really didn't feel like we got an adequate dose of information in the first book. At least, not enough to make any sort of choice from. I still don't know who I'm rooting for, but I can't wait to see who she chooses.

What's Mercy up to in this book? Glad you asked! A terrible evil (of course) has come to Kennewick and people are dying left and right. Tempers are flaring and the Mistress of the vampires has asked Mercy to locate and get rid of this evil. Why? This evil brings out the "wolf" in the werewolves and can control the vampires, putting them at its mercy (ha!). Only Mercy has a shot at ridding the Tri-Cities of the murderous lunatic on the loose.

Not bad, right? I certainly didn't think so. I loved every minute of Blood Bound, and I can't wait to get my hands on Iron Kissed!

4 out of 5 stars.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My fav quote ever: "Truthfully, I sort of think that I'd be something like Mercy if I'd chosen not to get married. (And you know, if I was a shape-shifting coyote)" :-) I often feel that way abt UF heroines, like "this is me, but as an unseelie monarch/vampire huntress with 2-3 paranormal suitors".

Glad you liked Blood Bound! Iron Kissed is good. I had a big problem with one plot development in it, but maybe we'll get to talk abt that after you read it. :-)

literati_rain66 said...

Exactly! I think that's why I love UF so much, it's as if I'm reading about my own alternate life.

I just ordered Iron Kissed. :) And of course we'll talk about it!

Post a Comment